Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

More on Condi Rice

I can't begin to express how happy I am that Condi Rice is going to be our next Secretary of State. Below is a link to a Christianity Today article about her that appeared back in 2003. It is excellent. Here are some of the reasons why I am thrilled:

1. Condi is a person of great loyal to the President. Powell was chosen in the midst of the 2000 "gravitas" campaign. He had it. The President needed it. And that's how he became Secretary of State. Rice's ultimate political loyalty resides with the President, and so there will no more mixed signals coming from the State Department.

2. Condi is a determined person of great intellect and skill. The State Department is full of career politicians who are more interested in keeping their jobs than advancing the President's ideals. Rice has the ability to reforge State in a more appropriate capacity.

3. Condi is a person of great faith. While I would not support someone simpy because they were a person of faith, I am happy when I can. Rice, like the President, will not function in a values-void. Read the CT article.

4. Condi is a person of great insight. She is a Cleveland Browns fan. What more could I ask for?

The Unflappable Condi Rice - Christianity Today Magazine

No comments: