Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2004

I Hate the Steelers (again)

OK - the refs handed the Steelers the game today against the Giants. One of their TD drives was jumpstarted by a third and long penalty for unnessary roughness. All the Giants DB did was tackle baby ben Rothlesberger. Is he the new NFL posterboy now so that no one can touch him? I was annoyed too that CBS never ran a replay with the sound up so that we could hear when the whistle had blown. That would have made a difference on that call. Then, at the end of the game, the INT that sealed the win for the Steelers was, in my opinion, pass interference. The Steelers DB pushed off, causing the Giants WR to fall. No call. Of course not. I hate the Steelers.

3 comments:

John said...

Go Steelers! It's about time some calls went their way.

Robb Ryerse said...

True, but all that I am saying is that it was not, in my estimation, a late or vicious hit. Three guys were tackling him. When the first two let off, baby ben and the Giants DB fell to the ground. In my book, that is not roughing the passer. I am not claiming a conspiracy theory here, I just think that with all the favorable press baby ben is getting, calls are going to go his way.

Robb Ryerse said...

Bingo. And thus, hating the Steelers is hard wired into my genetic code. Sorry.