Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Brian McLaren's New Book Is Coming Out

I am very excited to read this. I have read the other two in the trilogy, A New Kind of Christian and A Generous Orthodoxy. I don't agree with all of the conclusions McLaren comes to, but I appreciate the process he goes through in engaging with postmodern culture. To press the biblical fruit analogy, he is an apple tree and I am pear tree. From his website:

Brian McLaren: "The Last Word ... And the Word After That
is the conclusion to the NKOC trilogy and comes out March 25, 2005. I'm excited about it ... and a little nervous. Yes, it's going to hurt my reputation with some people, and yes, it will be controversial and frequently misunderstood. And yes, I've been a bit anxious about that
- but at the moment, I'm less anxious and more excited."

No comments: