Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Super Size Me

First of all, let me say, I know, I know - I am painfully behind the curve on movie watching. Please forgive me.

However, Super Size Me is one of the most interesting movies I have seen in a long time. I am still struggling with what I think:

Either the movie made me really, really hungry for McDonalds.
Or, it made me never want to eat McDonald's again.

I am not sure which.

The most interesting parts for me were in the deleted scenes. The Smoking Fry was amazing - McDonald's fries did not even begin to decompose after two months. Vanessa said that should not surprise us - they have lasted that long on the floor of our car.

I also was amazed at the people who had spent $30,000 on McDonald's merchandise. Also, all of the trash produced by McDonald's customers in one day would fill the Empire State Building. Amazing.

No comments: