Pages

Friday, September 02, 2005

Relief Effort

Well, we are a few hours into our attempt to collect clothing and water to take to a Salvation Army staging area in Arkansas to be distributed to hurricane victims, and the results are encouraging.

- We have had several folks from the community drop off bags of clothes and cases of water.
- A local consignment shop is bringing over a "snow mobile sled" of clothing.
- One family from church gave a chunk of cash for traveling expenses and for the Salvation Army.
- A lady called from Mt. Pleasant and she and two other families are donating the clothes they were going to sell in a garage sale next weekend.

I also did a phone interview with the paper. An article about us should appear in tomorrow's paper, though I think there is a blurb in today's because of the lady that called from Mt. Pleasant.

I was hoping we'd get mentioned on the news last night, but I don't think we did. I faxed the info to local news stations, and they were positive, but I didn't see us on the Fox station, and I didn't stay up late enough to watch the others. Oh well. I think we'll have enough stuff as it is.

More as things progress today and tomorrow.

No comments: