Pages

Friday, October 07, 2005

Take Up Your Cross?

I have been meaning to get to this ... on Saturday night, we went to Bikes, Blues, and BBQ on Dickson St. in Fayetteville. It was a lot of fun, with good food and music. Plus there was some pretty hilarious people-watching to do. One of the things that really struck me was the three guys who camped out on the busiest street corner with three wooden crosses. My initial thought was that the religious wackos had come out to condemn the crowds of people having a good time. But my reaction changed when I took a good look at the crosses - they had roller skate wheels on the bottom to make them easy to move. And they had shoulder pads at the crossbeam to make them easy to carry. I am sure there is a sermon illustration here somewhere.

No comments: