Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2006

John Piper and Cancer

One of our favorite authors, John Piper, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He will have surgery in February. Join us in praying for him!

It seems to me that only a guy like Piper could write this paragraph, "This news has, of course, been good for me. The most dangerous thing in the world is the sin of self-reliance and the stupor of worldliness. The news of cancer has a wonderfully blasting effect on both. I thank God for that. The times with Christ in these days have been unusually sweet. "

What a hero he is!

2 comments:

bryan said...

I couldn't respect a man more than I do John Piper. He has done more to influence my thinking on being God-centered in life and ministry than anyone else. His response is typical of him and so atypical of our day. I'm registered for the Bethlehem Conference for Pastors Jan. 31-Feb. 2. Selfishly, I hope he'll still be there.

Robb Ryerse said...

Bryan, I wondered if you had heard this. From what I've heard, he is still planning on being at the Pastors Conference.