Pages

Saturday, February 04, 2006

March of the Penguins

So, I know I am woefully behind the times. The buzz about this movie was months ago, but I finally got around to seeing March of the Penguins yesterday. I rented it for the kids and got sucked in. It was absolutely amazing ... one of those things that makes you shake your head in wonder at the vastness of God's creativity.

I think I was most amazed by how the penguins recognize each others' voices. Amazing. I am sure there is a sermon illustration somewhere here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, we watched it last weekend for the first time as well. I was amazed at how the men huddled for warmth for 4 months, taking turns at the middle and on the outer edge. That was an ultimate illustration of community. They literally would have died individually in the cold temperatures and wind, but together, taking turns at the warm middle and fighting the wind at the edge, they could survive.

Truly amazing.