Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Cat Is Out of the Bag

Today, I had an announcement posted on my company's website - God's World Book Club is going out of business. We are closing our doors on June 1, 2007. Budgetext, which owns God's World, has decided to focus on its core business of buying and selling textbooks. God's World, the only distinctively Christian book club and the only competitor to Scholastic, for that matter, is going away. It makes me kind of sad that we weren't able to save the club. We were making such good strides. But it wasn't in time. I anticipate that over the next several weeks I will be fielding phone calls from disappointed Christian school teachers around the country. That will be fun.

As far as my job goes - I will be turning the lights out on God's World. Most likely, I will stay on with the club until June 15. Then, I will be taking a new (and yet undetermined) position within Budgetext. Fun stuff.

No comments: