Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Church

On Sunday, we finished a four week series on forgiveness that won't soon be forgotten. It was another powerful service in which people shared their stories of how they have experienced and extended forgiveness in various ways. Then, we just spent a long time celebrating God's grace and love by worshipping in song. At one point during the service, I was simply overcome with the wonder of it all. God has been so gracious to me in ways that I can't even begin to quantify. He's forgiven me over and over of all of my knuckle-headedness. He's given me such a great family. And our church. Vintage is far from perfect. We are far from mature. We have so much more to do and be together. But on Sunday, while we were singing, I thought to myself, "This is the church I always wanted." And it is.

No comments: