Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Apps: Bible App

I thought I would share some of the apps I have on my iPhone that I use a lot and enjoy.

One of the first apps I downloaded was the Bible App from YouVersion. This is a very clean Bible reading app with lots of versions, including the TNIV that I most frequently use. The search functionality is good. So is the bookmarking ability. It also has a daily reading section for people who would like to read through the Bible in a year.

My favorite part of the Bible App, however, is that you can tap on a verse or passage and be connected to online commentary about that verse or passage. This feature links you to blogs, sermons, online commentaries, and even YouTube videos about whatever you're reading. This dynamic and networked commentary is something previous generations of Bible students never would have imagined.

The Bible App comes highly recommended.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Robb Ryerse said...

Hi, Paul. Checked out your blogs. That's quite an undertaking. I remember as a kid, my mom read us a book about a guy who walked across the country. It was fascinating.