The best meal of the year.
Leaves changing colors.
An entire season devoted to the colors orange and brown.
Silly songs about turkeys.
The start of Advent and the Christmas season.
Probably like most families, one of our Thanksgiving traditions is to go around the table at our Thanksgiving dinner and have each person share what they are thankful for. Most of the answers are good and appropriate things like "family" and "our home." Often, we'll talk about the things that happened in the past year for which we are grateful.
This year, the focus of my gratitude is a little bit different. I'm not necessarily thinking about where we have been ... but rather where we are going. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for this past year:
- Vanessa and I celebrated our 15th year together.
- The kids continue to grow in wisdom and favor with God and others.
- I don't think Vintage has ever been stronger.
- We had some great experiences, like our family vacation in St. Louis.
I could go on and on about the past. But right now, I'm looking forward. And I'm really grateful for what is on the horizon:
- The challenge of a new job with a new company.
- The opportunity to work from home and create a whole new rhythm of life for myself and our family.
- A book to be finished and published in the coming months.
- Vintage has never been stronger.
So this Thanksgiving, I'm looking ahead and giving thanks for the road that lies before me.