Pages

Monday, January 03, 2005

Napoleon Dynamite

Everyone has an upper eschalon of movies. This is somewhat embarassing, but here is mine:

Signs - gripping drama with a powerful theological message
Notting Hill - if I've got to watch a chick flick, I want it to be this one
Dead Poets Society - favorite movie from my teenage years
The Passion of the Christ - wow
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - amazing story and story-telling
Monty Python's The Search for the Holy Grail - a cult classic
Spiderman & Spiderman 2 - best comic book movies

And now ...

Napoleon Dynamite - the funniest movie I have ever seen

It is weird. Many people will hate it. But I have never laughed harder during a movie in my life. Aaron, rent this one tonight and then call me.

1 comment:

klasieprof said...

-http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/quotes-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Napoleon Dynamite: [walks into store] Hey, how's it goin'. Those egg rolls are looking pretty good. I might get me some later, I don't have any money right now. You know, I think I'm just gonna get me one of them lotto tickets. My wife says I gotta stop but I'm just feeling real positive today and I wanted to try out my luck and -
Cashier: Get out of here. I'm not selling lottery to a minor.
Napoleon Dynamite: I'm just gonna go get my ID.
[bumps into cooler]
Napoleon Dynamite: [outside gas station, to Pedro] Gosh! They wouldn't sell me one. I don't look old enough. Dang!
Pedro: Do you think I look old enough?
Pedro: [in store] Un lotto ticket por favor.
Cashier: [looks at Pedro's moustache, then sells ticket]
Napoleon Dynamite: [outside, to Pedro] Did you get one?
[scratches ticket]
Napoleon Dynamite: Yes! Three spuds! You picked a good one! That's ten dollars! Yes!