Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2005

So I Didn't Go to Church Today

... and I am feeling weird about it. This is not the first time I have ditched church. I would often ditch church when on vacation and visiting family or something. This is the first time, however, I think in my life, that I have ditched church for no reason. Vanessa and the kids went last night to the 6:45 Saturday Night service at Fellowship. This is the service we are settling into and being to feel a part of. However, every other week, I have to work until 9:30 at the Temple of Jesus Junk. So ... this morning, I slept in. And then I rolled over and grabbed Velvet Elvis (blog coming) off the nightstand and finished it. Now I am blogging and getting my fantasy rosters set. Then, we'll be going to lunch with Ben the Realtor and his family. Later, I will watch football until I fall asleep again. No church service on the horizon. It's not guilt I feel. It's just weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You heathen! I wanted to stay home and watch the rest of the Colts game. I can imagine the response that would have gotten from my senior pastor. I once missed an evening service as an assistant because I was playing video games and lost track of time.