OK - It's been a while since I've blogged. Hopefully there are still some grenzophiles out there. Here are some random things that have passed through my mind lately:
- Looks like we'll be hitting 30,000 on the counter this week. That's really cool. Thanks for caring about what I have to say. Now I will make you wish you didn't with all the drivel that you're about to read.
- I keep shocking myself. I find myself rooting for Katie Couric and Rosie O'Donnel to succeed in their new TV endeavors. I am not sure why I am rooting for them, but I generally wish both of them well. While I will not actually watch The View, I was bummed that I missed Katie's debut on CBS and have DVR-ed it for Thursday when Rush is on. Something is wrong with me.
- The new Starbucks in Fayetteville is not a hip and happening place. I spent the morning there, working and chilling and drinking coffee. It is not a good sign when I am the coolest one in the place. Seriously - old people and hillbillies. It made me wish I had gone to Panera.
- I am also rooting - big time - for Mitch Mustain.
- I know I am late in saying this, I was really happy The Office won the Emmy for best comedy. And Stephen Colbert got totally ripped off by Barry Manilow.
- The Browns will be on TV here in Arkansas for their season opener against the Saints on Sunday. Too bad it starts at noon central, precisely when I will be lugging a projector stand out the theater at the mall. God bless the inventor of Tivo who Dish network ripped off for their DVR!
- I have got to get me one of these t-shirts!
- As Vanessa has documented on Happiness, I have a new boss at Family Christian. From what I have heard, she is a tough cookie. I can't contain my joy. (Can you smell the sarcasm?)
- Here are two quotes that caught my attention in the latest Relevant Magazine:
"Porcelain gods and beer goggles are pretty expensive in the economy of life." - Elizabeth Grattan
"It takes imagination to live in God's world." - NT Wright
- For an area of the country with like a 1.7% unemployment rate, it is damn hard to find a job in Northwest Arkansas right now, isn't it, A?
- Vanessa just said she wouldn't mind getting a greyhound. Yeah, that's what we need right now. I love you, babe.