Pages

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Something Strange

Something strange happened to me today. I was working on a blog entry that will appear here and on Vintage Fellowship's site later today. I was listing the representatives of Jesus in various places and venues when I wanted to list a couple of Christians in Congress. I could only think of one immediately who I would be happy to identify with - and I was shocked by who it was. Senator Barak Obama. Maybe it was because I had recently read this article in CT about him. But I could not think of a Republican in Congress who I would label as an outspoken person of faith with whom I would want to identify. Something has happened - either in me or in our government, I'm not sure which - that when I try to think of a Christian politician I am proud of, I can only come up with a liberal Democrat. Maybe not for everybody, but for me, that's something strange.

2 comments:

Matt Book said...

I don't know if a State Rep from Michigan would qualify but one of my best friends and a member from my former church won the 87th district primary election and will be voted into office in November (the primary is pretty much the deciding vote in this district).

http://www.briancalley.com/

Anonymous said...

Maybe not with politics so much but I've generally had this strange heartache myself lately....