Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sick

After church yesterday, we went out to lunch with a nice young couple that has visited Vintage a couple of times. Near the end of lunch, I took Vin to the bathroom and while walking back from the bathroom to our table, I felt myself get sick. I am not sure I've ever had that kind of experience - I literally felt myself get sick. I got very, very cold - shivering with it 100 degrees outside. My muscles ached. By the time we got home all I wanted to do was go to bed.

And I've basically been in bed ever since.

I've watched more TV in the last 24 hours than I have all summer. Most of Sunday afternoon, I watched the 100 Greatest Songs of the 90s on VH1. Smells Like Teen Spirit was number one, and U2's One was number two. I would have reversed that order, but that's just me.

Sportscenter airs over and over and over again all night long. If I ever hear Brett Favre's name again, it will be too soon.

And there are several commercials I hate. I hate the Mentos commercial in which the lady kisses the guy and then readjusts his nose. And I hate the Pizza Hut commercial where the delivery girl tells the masked guys that the Joker owes her a new car.

I got up at 6 and tried to go to work, but I ended up calling my boss instead, telling him I wouldn't be there. Instead of going to work, I stayed in bed. Vanessa has taken wonderful care of me. I am starting to feel better and will be headed back to work tomorrow. I am most bummed that I had to postpone my man-date with A. We were going to go see The Dark Knight tonight. We'll have to do it later in the week.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick, Robb. There's nothing worse than a summer bug. At least you're feeling better now.