Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

In Praise of My Wife

It's Valentine's Day, and I am feeling all Valentiny. So I thought I would make a couple of comments about my valentine.

Vanessa constantly amazes me. She fascinates me and frustrates me like no one I've ever met. This is the 15th Valentine's Day since we met. And I remain as intrigued by her as I was back then.

She is the most resourceful person I know. And she may be the hardest working person I know too. She cares deeply about our kids and about people who are struggling, feeling weak and forgotten. I don't think I would use the word "sweet" to describe her, necessarily, but she has a level of true compassion that is rare.

She thinks I'm funny, which goes a long, long way with me. And she is genuinely amused by our kids. She gets the vast majority of the credit for how funny, polite, smart, and interesting they each are. When I came to the end of the Daily Audio Bible and listened again to the description of the "Proverbs 31" woman, I honestly couldn't help but think of Vanessa. So, today, I rise up to call her blessed.

But really, I'm the blessed one.

.

No comments: