Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Secret Message of Jesus

Here is a review of Brian McLaren's latest book, The Secret Message of Jesus. It is the book I am reading right now, and this is a fine review of it. As one who has read many of McLaren's other books, this one is a little redundant. I have not flown through it like I would have hoped to, but that may have more to do with my schedule than McLaren's writing style.

My favorite part of the book might be McLaren's description of the secret. He says it's like the dawning that comes upon you as the loose threads of a movie are all sewn up near the end. Finally, what was there all along, makes sense. Many of us have experienced - or are in the midst of experiencing - this epiphany and dawning upon moment when it comes to Jesus. For me, it was preaching through the first half of Mark during the end of tenure at Ithaca Baptist. And it has made all the difference.

Tagged -

No comments: